Lu's blog

My blog

Saturday, May 14, 2005

up...and down again

Well having had a great couple of weeks, I spent the day in bed today. Thursday's injection went fine, I slept OK, and friday although I felt a bit rough and cold I was generally OK. However at bedtime I started to feel weird and like I used to feel for the first few months after taking the interferon. Buzzy ears, thick head, sore eyes/ears/head/nose, dry mouth, generally very uncomfortable and not being able to sleep. Didn't sleep well, my partner said I was moaning and groaning, tossing and turning throughout the night (like I used to), and this morning I woke up with absolutely no energy whatsoever. So today, bed all day, lots of sleeping. And now just waiting for tomorrow with the hope of having a better day. I think I've been a bit spoiled with all of these good days recently, so now I'm a bit affronted when I feel really bad!

So going to try and think of something I could eat, then settle down to another quiet night! My partners daughter is coming tomorrow and will have lunch with us - that always inspires me to think of something really nice to make. She is a bit of a superstar with a wonderful balance of teenageness and sortedness that I have rarely seen in anyone her age. She will be going off to university in September, so am looking forward to feeling much better and visiting her wherever she decides to go. Am looking forward to doing stuff like that after treatment ends.

My partner has two children - well not children really any more as they are both in their late teens now. He has a son and a daughter who I've now known since they were about 10 and 11, and who have both always been just great. It was hard to know what/how to tell them that I was not well and would have to have treatment - actually I had had this fantasy that no-one would need to know as I would just be able to carry on as normal! Ha! I had really wanted to protect my partner's kids and my nieces and nephew (well, in fact everyone really) from worrying about me but that didn't quite work out as it soon became obvious I wasn't quite myself to say the least! They now know I'm on treatment for a liver condition, and I just try and be as normal as possible around them so they don't worry too much. And one day maybe it will all be OK again. Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lu,

Sorry to hear that it's a rougher shot response this go. Hope you can get some rest and feel better today.

Agree that more people end up knowing about the virus and treatment than I had thought would, if only not to be exclusionary. Interestingly though, my sister recently commented that my going through this has allowed her to grow and develop in ways she never otherwise could have. The good points radiate out from us too.

Hope your day is good,

Sue

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger lu said...

Thanks for your support Sue.
Lu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters