Lu's blog

My blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Just ate a greek salad sandwich in a bid for new taste sensations! Quite nice - the dog really enjoyed her bit (makes me feel satisfied to see an empty plate even if I did have help...). I have a labrador who just loves to eat and would do so all day and all night given the opportunity. In fact our walks are more like food hunts than anything - rabbit poo is the current favourite. Went out yesterday evening and saw swallows and swifts - hopefully a good sign for the weather situation.

Been to see my therapist today - she is great and really walking alongside me through all this. Of course some weeks I think I don't need to go and that I haven't got anything to talk about, but I'd say it always an incredibly useful experience in one way or another. It's good to hear other people saying they are taking care of themselves and using complementary therapies - I personally think they are invaluable. Their emphasis on health is so different to the more illness-focussed 'medical model', and they try to build on existing strengths. The experience of seeing complementary therapists has been so positive for me - being treated as a whole person rather than an illness is very refreshing. Speaking of which I really must book in for a massage...

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Lu,
My dog is the same - an always empty dustbin for unwanted food - organic recycling on legs! (and an exercise machine that cannot be ignored!)
Martin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters