Lu's blog

My blog

Thursday, April 28, 2005

number 30

Well tonight is injection #30 - I will take it at about 8.30pm so that by the time I'm feeling prickly I can go to bed with a hot water bottle (and my digital radio of course!). As time goes by the ominous feeling of injection day has worn off and I am now much more pragmatic about it. For example I can do it whilst doing other things now - I don't have to focus all my concentration on making sure I've done everything in the right order (altho of course I am still careful). Also I know that I can pretty much write off fridays as they only range from less squashed to more squashed - they are more frustrating than anything really. What I tend to do now is make sure I clear the decks and get everything done by thursday evening, so that I don't have to worry about anything. I also try to eat as much as I can as I'm often not up to eating much on fridays.

Anyway, from tonight I will be looking forward to saturday when I usually feel a bit better. Hopefully the weather will be good so that I can get out and do some gardening. Have been having ideas about rocking chairs recently as the motion is so soothing, especially if you feel rough. My ideal would be sitting in a comfortable rocking chair in the sunshine, with a warm gentle breeze. I am so glad I started treatment when I did so that I have the long dark days behind me and the warmer lighter months to look forward to.

Went to see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy this afternoon - what a decadent thing to do! I enjoyed it, but then I enjoyed the books and the radio series. Not sure if I would have been able to follow it if I hadn't known it so well. Anyway it was a nice break from the usual and it was sufficiently un-taxing on the brain for me to manage! Then, a walk in the sunshine with my partner and the dog - both provide me with many many good things, laughs and much positive energy. So all in all a good thursday where I have taken full advantage of being able to get out and feeling well enough to enjoy things. Oh and I have some new iron stuff that I hope will help. Still haven't found anything of any use about iron infusions...

Well better get going and take some my stuff so that we can keep on fighting this thing.
Until next time hasta la proxima

1 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lu,

Hope #30 goes well. #30.... wow.

Hitchhikers Guide not out here yet. Am dying to see it, as I loved the books! Should be out soon (end of May, I think?).

Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters