not sure I like this grey weather...
...and my back is really sore again. I get this every couple of weeks on one side or the other (and if I'm really lucky, both!). It's like a sciatic pain that radiates from my low back down my leg and into my foot. I do get some relief with heat, but when I go to bed I use a hot water bottle, a tennis ball, a smooth stone and a knobbly stick in various combinations, jammed into the sore bits of my back. And then after a few days it goes. Or moves to the other side. So it has started again today, and here I am with my hot water bottle and a tingly foot. Fortunately my jeans are now loose enough for me to actually fit the hotwater bottle down the back of them, held in place by my waistband, so I can walk round with the heat working it's magic on my low back. And no-one would ever know!
Anyway, had planned to go and wander around a free open-air festival today but it is so miserable and wet outside I really don't think it would be very comfortable. I have started knitting a scarf - I don't have the skills to do anything more complicated at this point. It's like my occupational therapy! Think it will take me a while as I'm not a 'clickety clack' knitter, but more of a 'in, around, through and off' plodder (I have to actually say those words as I knit, if that gives you any indication!). I've heard it's a bit trendy at the moment too so have unwittingly done something vaguely fashionable!
We will go and see my sister and family this afternoon, and probably have tea there. My 6 year old nephew is busy learning The Incredibles word for word, so will look forward to the afternoon's recitation of scenes...
Lu

3 Comments:
Hi Lu,
Have you thought about getting an osteopath to look at your back?
Could be a good move!
Martin
Thanks for your good wishes on my blog, Lu. I`ll post my pcr results as soon as I get them.
I found the recent mini discussion about telling or not very interesting and I am going to make it a question for Rons forum which is now up and running.
See you there!
Paul.
Hi Lu,
Am extremely impressed with the knitting. I can't even darn socks... have the creativity of a gnat.
Hope your back feels better soon. Maybe once the damp weather lets up?
Sue
Post a Comment
<< Home