Feeling better
Well I'm still feeling more normal, more myself. Injection 31 last thursday (17 left), and am finding I'm feeling much better on fridays these days. Still groggy but not so flattened. More sort of rough round the edges than anything. And the usual temperatures/achey stuff on friday, saturday and sometimes sunday evenings which paracetomol sorts out.
Now I'm not sure what this feeling better is about but there are a few options, a combination of which are probably true. My Hb being up, the weather being better, me being much more acclimatised to the treatment now, plus I've been taking this herbal tonic (Biostrath elixir) that is being trialled in radiotherapy patients to help cope with side effects. Of course my main hope is that as my liver has more time to normalise, I will be stronger. In fact if I continue to feel like this I could probably go back to work at least part time and get some semblance of normality back into my life. I couldn't see patients at the moment as my brain is not quite up to that level of thinking on my feet, but I could certainly think about more organisational/management stuff.
Have had a friend to stay this weekend which was lovely! Hadn't seen her for absolutely ages, and we had much to catch up on. She hadn't known I have hepC, and of course I told her on friday. She being very practical and down to earth didn't recoil in shock or horror (I always worry about this). And of course she was very supportive without pressing me to talk about it if I didn't want to. Which actually I don't mind doing now - I've found that blogging has helped me a lot to talk more openly and easily about hepC in general.
So anyway, I have more energy, more optimism and more enthusiasm. I was even talking about going away and doing something nice for a weekend - this is quite something considering how I have been over the past 6 months! I feel like I've got a bit of a twinkle back. And I'm really enjoying it.

2 Comments:
Hi Lu,
Everything sounding really great! Fabulous re: the return of the twinkle - let yourself shine.
Sue
Hi Sue
Thanks! Things feel so much better at the moment - and knowing this stuff you really have to appreciate the good times while they're around! And it's so much easier to have hope when the sun shines - literally and metaphorically.
Hope things are good with you. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your starbucks trip!
Lu
Post a Comment
<< Home