Lu's blog

My blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Current challenges

Well I got up around 9.30am, forced some 'frosted shreddies' and whole milk down and took my pills. Appetite starting to fade again unfortunately, and I was so hoping I could gain some weight. I can't wear most of my clothes as they're too big now and I really have no interest in shopping for smaller ones. It's hard trying to take in enough calories to maintain weight whilst keeping your diet low fat, low sugar etc, and I tend to just eat whatever I can face, even if it is kid's cereal!

Didn't sleep very well last night - just tossing and turning, thinking I was asleep but then finding myself awake. That sort of thing. My newly acquired digital radio helps - listening to bbc7 comedy at 4am (through my accompanying pillow speaker) has revolutionised night-times. I had been listening to the world service but there's something strangely distant about it at that time of night - always gives me the feeling they're broadcasting from a little dark room on a remote island somewhere!

This week continuing to feel OK during the day, but all this throat clearing and coughing is driving me mad! It is pretty much constant, and most awkward when I can't even get half way through a sentence without croaking up. It really gets to be very irritating, for me and for others too. At least people always know where I am by the ahheh-ahemmms I issue every 30 seconds...

Yet another complaint - these night time temperatures are very pesky indeed. Around 6.30-7pm I start feeling really cold, then my temperature goes up to 100/101. My face and eyes get glazed, hot and dry, and I feel all out of sorts and hot/cold. I read someone's blog saying to drink tonic water every day - I've done this for the last two days (despite detesting the stuff) but am not sure how long it will take to start working. Any ideas would be welcomed.

I'll have to end on a good note tho. I sat and watched the female blackbird in our sunny back yard this morning, having a good old drink and the most thorough bath! Meanwhile her suitor was perched on the gutter singing his heart out. Wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters