the day after...
It's friday and that means the day after injection (number 28). Funny eyes and a frontal headache that makes me feel crosseyed. Finding myself looking at things with one eye closed, and the other shielded by my hand in a 'looking out to sea' styley. Ahoy there! Feels a bit like that sometimes, on a boat in the middle of a vast expanse of water. No land in sight just yet. Hmm maybe some similarities between me and Ellen MacArthur! Yeah actually I quite like that comparison - bravely voyaging on unpredictable seas and oceans! It's always nice to see other travellers - we call out a few encouraging words to each other, and continue on our journeys. Mind you if the water wasn't so salty I would have drunk it all by now and my boat would be obsolete! I'm sure I could find some metaphorical meaning in that too - if I could just concentrate for long enough...

4 Comments:
Hi Lu,
Great to find your blog! Hope you are okay with my linking it to mine.
I just read through your entries - I also have the chronic ribavirin cough. Other than one wonderful week, it's been a part of my entire treatment so far.
Hope you have a great weekend! When do you do your shots each week?
Sue
Me again - just figured out that if it's Friday and "the day after your shot", you obviously take them on Thursday. Mentally vacant moment.... please excuse the brain fog!
Sue
Hi Sue
Thanks for your comment and yes great to link with yours. Sounds like you understand about that cough thing! Definitely worse for me after eating dairy products. Yes I take my interferon on thursdays about 8-8.30pm, so generally feel a bit squashed on a friday! Sometimes tho I've had enough energy to do something really exciting like washing the dishes...
How about you?
Hi Lu,
Hadn't connected the cough to dairy, but will watch. Am lactose intolerant, so basically don't eat any dairy without a lactaid or 2 along with it. Hardest part of cough for me is at work. I need to dictate much of what I do and am forever coughing into the secretaries ears.... find myself continuously apologizing (in between hacking away)!
Do my shots Friday after work, so as to have wknd to recoup. By Sunday am doing far better and Monday am good to go for work again. Today, Saturday, tends to be pretty low key, although I did get out this afternoon for a walk.
You've been doing this for quite some time now.... I admire your strength.
Sue
Post a Comment
<< Home