So I took the Epo on tuesday night as planned - and apart from an extremely blunt needle that was a lot bigger than the interferon one, it went absolutely fine. No side effects, no problems, just hoping to feel some benefit from it at some point. The haematologist who prescribed the epo to me has just been brilliant and wonderfully supportive - he seems genuinely interested and concerned, and is quite happy to talk to me any time. It makes such a difference. I bought a blood pressure machine that you strap onto your wrist as you have to watch for your blood pressure going up. My blood pressure is low (around 105/60) - so would have a way to go for it to become very high.
Interferon tonight - for the first time I made a mistake and forgot to press it down to mix the liquid with the powder, then wondered why nothing happened when I screwed in the needle. Twit. Anyway, I think it was fine, and now that is 38 down and 10 to go. Phew, nearly into single figures. I also have enough ribavirin to see me through so will be able to appreciate throwing the empty boxes in the bin as the time goes by.
Have been enjoying this wonderful weather but it has been too hot to be out in during the day. It is exhausting and dizzy making! The dog also flakes out when it's so hot, and needs to go for a swim to cool off. She is a water dog so loves it. Today tho we saw a moorhen with her chicks in the pond, so I had to keep the dog out so she wouldn't frighten them off. They were very sweet, trundling round after their mum.
Off to watch Kath and Kim

5 Comments:
Hi Lu,
So glad for you that the epo's underway and really hope that you feel the related effects quickly. Hematologist sounds brilliant.
Also blisteringly hot here - our cats lie panting on the floor.
Ten left!!!!! Sue
Hi Lu,
very happy that Epo doing well and you are happy about it.
all the best.
Ijaz
Hi Sue
Thanks, yes the haematologist is great. Not feeling any better so far I don't think, but it's always so up and down it's hard to tell!
Cats panting? I've never seen that except with lions on wildlife programmes! Do they go and lie in the sun, get too hot then pant - or are cats more clever than that?!
Lu
HI Ijaz
Thanks for your thoughts, hope all's going really well with you. I have blood tests on monday to see if epo doing anything yet but it's more likely to show in 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, just keeping my head down and passing time!
Stay well
Lu
Hi Ron
Hmm calm and peaceful ay? Well, I guess I do feel like that sometimes, but I also have my moments - see 'crying over lettuce seedlings' blog entry! I'd say in terms of acceptance, I spend 50% of the time not consciously thinking about it (tho of course it is always there), 40% feeling pretty accepting and OK (could be a touch of denial in there?), and 10% not OK. These percentages have fluctuated dramatically over the last year - through biopsy results, starting treatment etc. The amount of time in acceptance has increased a lot, but who knows what will happen in the future. I will no doubt cycle back through things again! You know how it is.
It helps an awful lot to be able to be in touch with other people, write about it, and get valuable feedback. And you have been pivotal in getting me involved, so thank you.
The epo - well what a saga it's been and I guess time will tell if it has been worth it. Just hope I have enough iron to support it.
Hope you're doing well, not long now.
Lu
Post a Comment
<< Home