Lu's blog

My blog

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Put in my prescription for epo on friday - it will be ready on tuesday as it's a special order that takes a while. Have been really interested to hear other peoples experience with this drug. All positive so far, so lets hope that it's more widely available soon! Maybe one day they'll drop the price...haha those altruistic drug companies who have our best interests at heart...

My post-injection friday was fine - did far too much gardening including digging out all the roots of the beautiful but invasive aquilegia! My partner kept giving me warning looks and saying 'don't you think you should have a rest for a bit?' - and of course I was avoiding doing this as I was having such a nice time (albeit intersperced with dizzy feelings that subsided when I sat down for a couple of minutes). By 7pm, I was just sitting down feeling rather exhausted when I thought 'I'll just feed the tomatoes before I stop' - you know when you really should have just not done that last thing? Well of course I had another lettuce calamity - as I leaned towards the tomatoes, I knocked all of my lettuce seedlings (tiny baby ones) all the way down the back of the shelf onto the ground. Upside down. I am doomed with these things! I was so cross I kicked the now half empty seedling tray across the back yard, to which my partner looked at me as if I was a child and asked rhetorically 'are you tired?' (which of course I denied, I was at least GOG 7 by this point). I stomped upstairs into the bathroom to wash my hands and feet, and cried into the dirty water, chuntering away to myself about stupid seedlings and bloody rubbish shelving units. Then after about half an hour of studiously ignoring the mess outside, I went out, salvaged a few seedlings, and swept up. I'm pretending not to care whether or not they recover but have secretly been checking them and they look OK.

Have had a nice weekend - the weather has been great, so lovely and warm. My partner and my brother in law have spent the weekend putting the greenhouse frame together - it is a massive job. Next weekend they hope to glaze it. It looks fabulous and I'm so excited about having this space to (literally) potter round in! And I have ideas that spilling seedlings repeatedly just couldn't possible happen in there!

My niece and nephew have also been here, hanging out with me in the garden, playing frisbee, football, bools, squirting water, eating ice lollies, watching Laurel and Hardy etc. I am awestruck by parents taking this treatment - even with really great kids who are just lovely to have around it is quite demanding. You have to be 'on' all the time! I spend so much time daydreaming these days it's a bit of a shock to have to have my wits about me!

Anyway, I have just been delivered a 'crunchie' bar so am going to sign off and give it my full attention. I've been seriously craving chocolate bars etc recently and it's a gift to be enjoying eating something so much, so I'm just going for it. It's all calories...

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend Lu. Oh for a greenhouse to potter in! I spent a while yesterday digging out nettle roots and moving mounds of soil into dips in an effort to at least level off the lawn to some extent. It looks better, apart from bare patches where I was working.

I need to get some plants in, and keep promising a major spend at the garden centre - but not until this hot spell is over. Then I shall have to think of another excuse!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger lu said...

Hi Nick
Yes, the greenhouse is very exciting and I'm very glad I invested in it.

Digging out nettles is really rewarding - as long as you manage to avoid stinging your arms/neck/face as you're pulling the actual nettles out! Suggests good soil tho, so you should be able to grow some nice stuff in there.

I have turned into a gardening bore...

Lu

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger lu said...

Hi Ron

mm the chocolate is good! I'm not too keen on the 'good stuff' tho - prefer kids rubbish with tons of sugar in!

My appetite is so much better, it's great. Still managing to continue to lose weight tho (?? must be what Jonathon said about the interferon making you burn calories).

Glad I'm not alone with craving the sweet stuff! Am eating mackies vanilla ice cream with a 'time out' bar as I type...

Lu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters