Quite busy yesterday doing bits of this and that. Also did some meditation which prompted me to write on the forum about it, as am wondering how many other people practice and what sorts of things they do. So far no responses, so maybe no-one else does?
By 9pm I was really tired and feeling a bit unwell, which is unusual for a sunday night. Had a bath - a rare treat for skin reasons - then just had to go straight to bed, wet hair and all. Listened to radio til I nodded off, then had a fitful night, feeling horrid - much more so than usual. Apparently I had been moaning in the night again (I have no awareness of this), and today I'm feeling tired, rough and a bit sick. Could be a day of TV intersperced with naps.
I am continually amazed at how much how I feel physically affects my emotional state. When I feel relatively OK I can relax, find optimism and just a little motivation, but when I'm not so well I can feel a bit worried and sad. Then I go up again, and find some sort of faith in how things are and will be. Strange. But now at least I recognise it, so when I'm feeling unwell and down, I know that I will come back up, and that I just have to ride it out and learn what I can from the experience.
On a more positive note, Hurray! I have bought some new jeans and they fit! What a difference it makes to wear things that don't make your legs look like twigs in trousers! Actually, you know the kids that wear their jeans round their thighs, showing their underwear? Well I've been a bit like that, tho of course not intentionally - my trousers have just been making their way further and further down my body! So, having been devoid of my bottom in my usual clothes, it has now reappeared, thanks to the wonders of clothes that fit! What a concept! Even if I grow out of them as soon as I finish treatment, it will have been worth it just to feel more like I'm wearing my own clothes rather than my big sisters!
Hair cut tomorrow as my hair is looking a bit worse for wear. So new hair do and well fitting jeans - well I'll be ready to face the world! OK maybe the village...

4 Comments:
Hi Lu,
New clothes ALWAYS a great concept, particularly when they're are looking good! I believe Jonathan has previously extolled the virtues of shopping therapy - am in complete agreement. Jeans sounding mighty fine.
New haircut also good. I just did the same thing; a couple of days ago went and got a blunt bob at about chin level (just going shorter and shorter), to mask the current "thinning" process. Am very happy with it. Hope yours turns out fabulously!
Sue
Hi Lu - I can empathise with the physical/mental link. I have wondered if my few tired days are a result of playing cricket and the subsequent stiff limbs.
I also tend to sleep fitfully - usually up around 6.30 regardless of bed time, and collapsing in the afternoon.
New clothes sounds good. I am just working back to my old ones. Having bought trousers with a 30 inch waist, I am now moving back towards 32. I don't plan to hit 36 inches again though! I have been through the 'low slung jeans' syndrome - my preferred brand of underwear is known to all! I even lost my jeans going upstairs once.
Only trouble is, it's so expensive!
Hi Sue
Yep the new clothes are fab - only thing being I really abhor shopping at the best of times, and just can't face it at the moment. Now I buy things on-line instead but am lethal once I get going as I now know my debit card details off by heart!!
Glad you like your hair; shorter is definitely the way to go on treatment. Had mine cut - a bit shorter than I had planned but it does look a lot more healthy now. It's a graduated bob with layers in now (just touches my shoulders). Everyone says it's really nice but heaven knows how it will look when I try and dry it myself!
Weather picking up here so have had flip flops on too!
Have a great week Sue
Lu
Hi Nick
Up at 6.30??? You must be wiped out by the afternoon! Do you do stuff or do you feel unwell when you wake up? When I was writing my last thesis I would get up at around 5.30am and write til about lunchtime. It was a really productive time to work - but I always needed a nap in the afternoon.
Hope you're enjoying this lovely weather
Lu
Post a Comment
<< Home