Am really feeling the effects of upping my ribavirin dose, it's quite remarkable how different it feels being on 800mg rather than 600mg. Although of course I would prefer to feel worse for a while and be on this higher dose. At least now the end is sort of in sight for me, even tho reading other peoples blogs on 24 weeks treatment this might seem a bit premature! I have now done 33 injections - which means there are 15 to go. On my record card that looks pretty good. Now if I can try and just keep my weight from falling too much further...especially as my friend told me I was looking 'a bit hollow' the other day...
My partner is at home for the next week, hurray! It is amazing how we have negotiated ways to cope with all the difficulties that this treatment brings. A sense of humour is paramount. In order to manage the irritability aspects of treatment, my partner suggested that I keep a running list of his 'misdemeanours'! The list includes (you'll like this) - cutting the aubergine too thinly, making the bread 'too bready', and the tea 'too tea-y', wiping the bench with a sponge instead of a cloth, buying the wrong coconut, putting too much food on my plate, leaving the hot tap dribbling...really important stuff, you know! So now, when he has done something like putting the milk into the coffee second (!), it's 'right, where's my pen...' - which immediately turns it into a joke and exposes it's ridiculousness! A fine arrangement that makes us both laugh.
Am growing some tomatoes and lettuce this year. I have ordered a lean-to greenhouse for the back yard so that we can sit in it and grow things in it too. Like a cheaper version of a conservatory really. Have big plans for peppers, aubergines etc next year, and lots of things from seed. The idea of sitting in it is really important, as I feel obliged to sit outside every time the sun shines, but it's bloody freezing so I sit shivering waiting for the clouds to come so I can go back inside. I think it's a throwback to when I was little and always told 'it's a lovely day, go and play outside' even though it was sub-zero temperatures! Oh, and of course being English and having to appreciate every scrap of sunshine we get. So sitting in a greenhouse would be just the thing as it would be warm in there! Think it could be a good quality of life thing.
Anyway, can hear that the cup final has started so will go and keep half an eye on what's going on there.

2 Comments:
Hi Lu,
Am laughing, having just read your "misdemeanor list" aloud to my husband. He has also been accused recently of making the tea too "tea-y". He seems to be finding this less humourous than I am - just don't know why! Perhaps I'll start a list too.
Congratulations on 33 shots. Just can't even imagine. 15 remaining are a miniscule amount relative to the 33 you've already done! Hang in there, you're almost finished,
Sue
Hi Sue
Haha glad you enjoyed that - it must be a bit of a trial to live with! Am looking forward to hearing items off your list!
Lu
Post a Comment
<< Home