Lu's blog

My blog

Sunday, October 23, 2005

The big smoke

Well I made it to London to see John Tindall last week. His thoughts were about heat, and how both treatment and hepatitis create heat in the body. He said that this in turn can give rise to things that I suffer from ie hot feet at night, hot red eyes, sleep difficulties and irritability. Also that the liver is connected to the head, and thus explains headaches. He gave me acupuncture and some herbs to cool things down. The herbs are disgusting. I have to boil them up for nearly 2 hours, which stinks the house out, and then drink a cup of it twice a day. Well, firstly I couldn't handle that and thought I was going to be sick, so halved the dose and mix it with honey. Which helps. For a few days at the start I had a terrible headache that just wouldn't budge - I rang and asked if this was normal and was told it was part of the detoxifying effects expected. Thankfully it has lifted now, although I do still feel a bit weird especially just after I've taken the herbs. Oh and I have to do this diet that eliminates all gluten, dairy and caffeine! It is tough - I am missing coffee and toasted muffins in the morning...! I plan to do this for at least a week (I haven't committed to any longer as I don't think I could face it!), and see what happens. I go back next month to see him again.

I also met up with Jane who I've been in touch with through blogs for the past few months. It was so nice to meet her and be able to talk so easily with someone with such similar experiences. It is really interesting to meet someone you know through the blogs face to face, and it shows how you can get to know someone in a different way through written communication. Perhaps it dispenses with the things we normally do when we meet one another for the first time, and allows us to just be more honest and open.

That London goes at such a pace! I think I must have been walking around at about half the speed of everyone else. And all those people! The tubes were fine, no problems at all getting around, in fact a lot easier than I'd anticipated. Went shopping in Covent Garden the next morning - the thing that struck me more than anything was the amount of lovely cafes etc there! Food thoughts again...

Anyway back at home everything is soaking wet with all the rain, but at least today is fine, if cold! Gardening and allotment jobs beckon - I have some lovely allium and tulip bulbs to plant, and need to sow some garlic outside. So, better go and get busy - hopefully I'll warm up with the activity!
Hasta pronto

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Sue, Toronto said...

Hi Lu,

Herb/John Tindall stuff fascinating. Don't think I could do without the coffee! Will be following to see how you're doing with it all.

So very cool that you and Jane got together. It's nice how we develop on-line connections with people in similar circumstances, and must be interesting to actually meet.

Hope the herbs are tolerable and you are feeling good! Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters