Another day another dollar
It's now almost 3 weeks since finishing treatment and except for a couple of really dodgy days (after writing my last blog, typically) I've continued to feel better in myself. The only thing is, I have this nagging discomfort below my ribs on the right, and I can't work out if it's my liver or my intestines or my diaphragm. It is worrying tho, I haven't heard anyone else really mention it. I didn't have much discomfort whilst on treatment - well, a little - but now it sits there quite a lot of the time and only needs my attention to bring it into focus. I don't know what other peoples experience is...
Planning on going back to work in November. Part time at first then see what news my results bring before deciding whats next. Hard to plan at the moment. The thought of going back to work is weird.
Partner is away working during week at moment, so me and the dog are keeping each other company. And as I have energy these days I actually go and see people every now and again. Garden, allotment and greenhouse going through slowing down process for autumn and impending winter. Final harvesting of veg soon, before digging over the beds. I am now officially sick of courgettes.
Latest indulgence is watching films in installments in bed whilst partner is away - I always fall asleep after about 20 mins! I've been watching the motorcycle diaries for the last 4 nights! Am starting an intermediate spanish class tomorrow night which is the first commitment I've had for the last year! Hope I can keep up...
Off to take dog out for last walk of the day, then to bed for another film installment
Lu

6 Comments:
Hi Lu,
Catching up on the blogs. SO wonderful to hear about your increased energy (cartwheels extremely impressive and way beyond what I'm up for, even post-tx!).
I haven't had any right upper quadrant pain, but other things have been hanging on. An encouraging thing my nurse said to me was that in her anecdotal experience, people with a little bit of sides hanging on post-treatment have shown better prolonged svr/less relapse. She stressed that this was completely anecdotal, but it made me at least feel better about the stuff that's not cleared up yet!
So glad your vacation was nice. Las classes Espanol estan fabulosa. Yo pienso Espanol es un idioma muy bonito, pero no hablo beuno. My Spanish abilities extremely scary, despite my love for it, apologies!
Enjoy the movies, the walks, the reading and the classes. All sounds lovely. Sue
Hi Andy and Jane
Thanks for letting me know your experience of liver area discomfort - it is reassuring to know I'm not the only one! It is so good to be able to get an idea of what's 'normal' and also hear about how things are for others. Hope you're both doing great and enjoying life beyond treatment...
Take care, best wishes
Lu
Hola Sue que tal? Tu Espanol es muy buena! Desafortunadamente mi clase Espanol no me apropiada, porque es muy lente y un poco facil - por exemplo estan apprendido las primeras introductiones, numeros, el alfabeto etc. My spanish isn't great but I understand enough of the basics to get by. My partner and I spent 4 months in Andalucia a couple of years ago as he was working there, so I had a chance to practice quite a lot (many innocent unsuspecting Spanish people grabbed in the street!). I can make myself understood at least- I think! We took the dog to Spain of course and she enjoyed swimming in the sea and being able to accompany us to cafes! Labrador heaven!
Hope you're doing great, that the arthritis is settled, and that your yoga ritual is as serene and therapeutic as ever. Still sun salutations on the deck or getting too cold now?
All the best
Lu
Hi Lu,
I am sorry to read that you are feeling pain in the iver site. it could be that your liver is recovering and it is a recovering pain. i wish you that you feel well soon.
all the best.
Ijaz
Hi Ijaz
THank you I certainly hope that is the case! I read on your blog that you had a lot of pain before you started treatment. I wonder how you are now with that?
Take care and all the best
Lu
Hey Lu
You sound just great, apart form the liver pains of course ,hopefully these will fade away soon enough.
It is impressive to hear of your progress post tx, even going back to work in November, yes I bet that is wierd for you.
Your life seems to be picking up nicely, it is lovely to hear you are visiting others occasionally and getting back into the mix gently.
If I lived nearer I'd take a few of your courgettes off your hands, other than that you could try freezing them.
Anyway I just wanted to call in on you and say hello as energy levels are getting a bit better for me this week.
Hasta la vista baby.
Miss Poppy
Post a Comment
<< Home