new blood results
Latest bloods show haemaglobin 11.4, ferritin 56, iron 10, and alt 19 (same as last time). Looks like I'm going to need another month of epo, and hopefully my ferritin levels will be able to support it.
Up and down the last few days - but you know what can you expect after so long on these drugs? 48 weeks is a long time to take anything, never mind this stuff. But it's strong, and that's what's good about it. Hopefully whilst it's busy knacking me, it's also knacking the virus - properly.
Have been thinking a lot about fellow bloggers. I have been keeping up to date with reading blogs but haven't done so well on keeping in touch. I guess sometimes I'm better than others. I don't feel I have much to blog about at the moment - maybe just another part of where I am in my journey. I have started to ask for a cure from this stuff, to close my eyes and say please. I haven't dared do this before. I have started to hope that I may have a life after all this, and whilst hope brings a lightness and an energy that can be wonderful it can also be terrifying. Balancing on a tightrope between just enough but not too much.

5 Comments:
Under the “Just so You Don’t Feel so All Alone” heading, I suffer from a very peculiar superstition that life always surprises me and I cannot predict life so if I visualize something happening then I’ve guaranteed it won’t happen so I ridiculously imagine horrible and tragic things to guarantee the good will happen. In other words, know what you mean about the tightrope and daring to ask for a cure. Know that I am asking, too, for a cure on your behalf and all in this blogging community.
Kerry Grace
Hi Lu
I hope you are ok today and that you have been able to potter about on your allotment, or at least in the greenhouse.
I was sorry to hear you have been feeling up and down. It must be tough at times when all you can do is let time pass until you feel better.
Keep your hopes alive and dare to ask for that cure. I'm with Kerry Grace, praying for you, and everyone else in this blogging community.
Thinking of you
Miss Poppy
Hi Lu - just to say keep positive. We all know it's tough and wearing at times, but I'm sure you will make it!
Hi Lu,
Also empathize with the tightrope walking - read "guarded optimism". Not long to go now... those end few weeks do seem to carry a different heaviness with them.
Blogging is for you, when you want. Always great to hear from you, but we all have times when we just need to turn it all off.
"Knacking" must be a British term... haven't heard it before, but quite like it. Hope the drugs stop knacking you and completely knack the hepc! Selective knacking! Sue
Thank you Kerry Grace, Miss Poppy, Nick and Sue for your thoughts. It is as ever really nice to have your support. I'm sorry if I have sounded a bit low - I'm OK really, just a bit 'that time of treatment' I think. I don't mean to sound downbeat. After all, just 6 to go now...
Hope you're all doing well
Lu
Post a Comment
<< Home